Description

...a journal of happy rambling thoughts, of precious moments captured, of love and all its friends.

Top Image

Top Image

How To Decorate With Neon

Posted on: Friday, June 21, 2013




Neon shoelaces on a ten year old is one thing, but how exactly do you pull off electric hues in the home without getting it really, really, really wrong? The 80's child within me loves a dash of highlighter pink more than I care to admit but I have shied away from neon brights fearing they will be too loud and boisterous and overwhelming.  So my challenge was to find a way to introduce them so they worked with my typically white, classic and calm interiors.

The answer: restraint and lots and lots of white paint! By pairing just a pop of bright with neutral, natural tones it suddenly takes on a whole new personality.  By reducing the glare factor and turning the colours into neon pastels, the schemes become ridiculously pretty.  Mix in a few organic textures and I'm swooning. Candy coloured heaven!











1 comments:

  1. Fantastic post! I love neon colours but havent been game to try them at home yet. Need to work up the courage!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, we love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Soul Studio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger